Sunday, June 24, 2012

Eva's 3 year old heart song

I have always had a sort of "song in my heart" for particular times in life. You know how you can hear a song and it remind you of a time and place or a love or loss. Well, this is one of those songs. I hope I can get it on here for you to listen to. I sang the chorus of this song while Eva was in the womb. It was my lullaby to her. I have sang it to her on and off ever since. Well, she now knows the words and it has become her heart song too for this 3 year old season of her life.  Today as Ryan was pumping gas after church, Eva sat in the back playing with the paper she had made at church and sang the chorus perfectly. I sat in sweet silence and cherished the moment.  I know it was written for a man's wife but when I look in my daughters eyes at night and we sing it back and forth to each other...this song takes on a whole new meaning of a sweet love between mama and babies. Take a listen! and by the way. I have purchased this album years ago and it is a great album. One of my all time favorites!
http://markmathis.bandcamp.com/track/your-eyes

 The chorus lyrics:
oh your eyes are my place to hide
when the world is closing in on me
you were right when you said that i'd
be needing you - if you only knew how much

No comments:

Post a Comment