Monday, January 14, 2013

Maybe...just maybe I have taught her too much...

For those of you that have anxiously awaited another blog posting from The Nash Four...for those of you that have sat on the edge of your seats in sheer anticipation of this very moment...I would like to tell you that your wait has been worth it and I would love to tell you this is the update you have so anxiously awaited but...it is not. I have had lots to say and write about lately but life has been extremely busy. But for those of you who would like a little tidbit of life with Farrah Nash...here ya go.

Eva asked me to paint today. And being the great mama I am and never shying away from a mess or extra thing to clean up.... I told her no. Well, being the persistent child she is, she pressed in, she fought the good fight and I gave in...and she painted! So, as I was trying to organize our desk...the very desk I am still sitting at with old papers at my feet, Sam eating a piece of furniture in the background, and the entire room covered with things I am trying to organize...(so it's worse than when I started)..I have graciously and procrastinatedly  (I know it's not a word..relax) stopped to share what my child is so enthusiastically painting.

As I was going through old papers, I was sort of tuning out the kids and thinking but I kept hearing the word "PENIS" over and over. Now, I have taught Eva that girls have vagina's and boy's have penis's. I don't care if she says it to the pastor. He has a penis too. Everyone says that is their excuse for not teaching the proper anatomy words.."what if they say it at church or to the wrong person?" Who cares?. All of us have one or the other..and if you've ever watched Ricki Lake, Oprah or Jerry Springer..you know some people have both but I will wait til Eva is 5 or 6 to tell her about that. HA! So, as Eva was painting and  yelling out Penis..I finally snapped from my deep concentration on why I didn't use that taco bell coupon before it expired and looked at her paper. She had drawn Sam. Not just Sam.... but Sam with a PENIS. A very round and swollen and blue penis at that.

So I told her good job while I went and snapped a pic. While I was gone, she did smear it around and make it green and a lot bigger as you can see in the pic. She told me where his penis was and pointed to it.  I then told her to quit touching her brother's penis. Just kidding. I didn't say that. Relax!!!! So, I started to second guess for a moment as to whether I have done the wrong thing by teaching her about genitalia  My thoughts were.. Maybe it is offensive, maybe it's not lady like, maybe it's wrong...but then I said...NAH!!! No way...let that child draw penis's!!! We just need to work on technique a little. If we are going to teach proper anatomy, then we have to teach her to draw it correctly too!

Now I know a lot of you old schoolers are snubbing your nose now..you know who you are..you "monkey", "biscuit", "package", "hoo hoo" weird private part namers...I did have a parently talk with Eva about only drawing penis's at home and not talking about them to others..blah blah blah. But that stuff's not near as fun to blog about...

Until next time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment